Click here for video testimonials
Stem Cells detect cytokine signals released by damaged doppamine producing neurons and can become replacement cells to restore this function. Everyone responds at a different rate of cellular repair and replacement, per stem cell transplant. More than one transplant is necessary and ultimately, overtime, the process will reduce a portion of the symptoms experienced by those diagnosed with Parkinson’s disease. The difficulty is in predicting which symptom relief may be experienced per patient.
Treatment of Parkinson’s Disease with Adult Stem Cells Therapy is an exciting and rapidly developing industry. Please read this page thoroughly to understand the cause of Parkinson’s, the damage that is being done and therefore the answer as to why and how it works.
What is Parkinson’s Disease and how can stem cell therapy really help?
Parkinson’s disease is a chronic, progressive movement disorder associated with the abnormal functioning of the central nervous system. The disease generally comes under a group of condition known as motor system disorder. The disease is expressed due to the loss of doppamine-producing brain cells.
WHAT GOES WRONG IN PARKINSON’S DISEASE?
Studies have observed the deposition of different proteins in the transverse sections of the Parkinson’s brain. These proteins are known as the Lewy Bodies.
The human brain is the principal organ, controlling all the mechanism such as movement, memory, speech, vision, etc. This control can be acquired by the passage of different signals to the different organs of the body. These signals are generated in the brain, passed on to the different organs via brain cells known as the neurons. These signals are passed on from one neuron to the other organs of the body with the help of the neurotransmitters.
Doppamine is one of the different kinds of neurotransmitter which is found to be absent in the patients with the Parkinson’s disease. This doppamine is degenerated due to the deposition of proteins or lewy bodies surrounding the neurons. These lewy bodies thus interrupt the transmission of signals due to loss of doppamine leading to the progressive degeneration of motor neurons.
Thus, in patients with the disease, the motor coordination is affected to great extent.
Symptom improvement takes place as the cells move along the 4 stems in the image below.
HOW STEM CELLS TREATMENT CAN HELP!
Stem cells are the master cells that are responsible for developing an entire human body from a tiny two celled embryo; due to their unlimited divisions and strong power to differentiate into all the cells of different lineage. This power of stem cells has been harnessed by the technology to isolate them outside the human body, concentrate in the clean environment and implant them back into the body.
Thus, stem cells treatment involves administration of concentrated cells in the targeted area, wherein they can colonize in the damaged area, adapt the properties of resident stem cells and initiate some of the lost functions that have been compromised by the disease or injury.
The have been many studies and the data accumulated from different research suggests, there is evidence based differentiation of stem cells into doppamine producing neurons.
TREATMENT OF PARKINSON’S AT GIOSTAR
- GIOSTAR has mastered the technology for isolating viable stem cells from either autologous sources of your own body or allogenic matched donors.
- GIOSTAR will enrich the cells in our state of the art facility.
- These cells are then administered two ways for Parkinson’s disease.Intrathecal Stem Cell Administration:
- Experience, professional and certified doctors will transplant Stem Cells through this method.
- Stem Cells are infused in the cerebrospinal fluid through the subarachnoid spaces of the spinal canal.
- This is necessary to deliver the stem cells past the blood brain barrier so they may find the damaged neurons.Intravenous Stem Cell Administration:
- Through this mode, cells are infused through the veins along with the mannitol to expand blood volumes in the central nervous system.
- IV administration is necessary to give a complete systemic healing to ensure that the maximum number of cells are reaching to the targeted area.
Once infused back in the body, these cells can be repopulated at the damaged parts of the brain, through their strong paracrine effects and differentiate into lost doppamine producing neurons or other damaged supporting cells to improve motor functions of the brain.
Thus with our standardized, broad based and holistic approach, it is now possible to obtain noticeable improvements in the patients with the Parkinson’s Disease in relatively short order. Some see symptom improvement within the first week. Many report a response within 24 hours.
WHAT SETS US APART
- Founder is leading stem cell scientist credited with setting up the stem cell research labs at top research institutions in US including Salk Research Institute, Sanford-Burnham Institute, UCI, UCSD.
- Medical Advisory Board comprising of luminaries from Harvard, * University of California, San Diego (UCSD), University of California Irvine (UCI), Imperial Collage, London.
- Endorsed by Honourable Prime Minister of India.
- State of the art and only private hospital in India inaugurated by Prime Minister.
- World’s largest stem cell hospital funded by government.